Copiague Junior Chamber Committee
The goal of the CJCC is to bring business professionals together in a fun and social setting to develop and foster business relationships, while building a sense of community and awareness of local businesses through the Jr. Chamber of Commerce. As a member of the High School Industry Advisory Board the Chamber will partner with the Junior Chamber of Commerce Club to:
- Sponsor the Club by providing technical and financial assistance as needed
- Connect students into positive community activities sponsored by the Chamber, such as, but not limited to:
- Networking events, Biz Xpo, Fundraising events
- Develop potential internship/mentoring opportunities for students
- Create potential local employment opportunities for students of Walter G. O’Connell Copiague High school.
- Create scholarship opportunities for students of Walter G. O’Connell Copiague High School
Chamber Ambassadors are exactly what the term implies. They help members in fully realizing the benefits of their membership. At the same time, Ambassadors also serve as a conduit for information back to the Chamber Board of Directors, helping the chamber to gain a better understanding of its members’ needs and how best to meet those needs.
The focus of our Ambassador Committee is to welcome new members and help them meet longtime members, bringing all members together to promote business-to-business relationships. Retaining members is also a huge part of the Ambassadors role.
OBJECTIVES / ACTIVITIES:
- The Ambassadors will be responsible for conducting Goodwill Calls with existing chamber members
- Make New Member Reception Calls as needed – Get out into the Community!
- Participate in networking events as needed
- Call on Retention/Past Due members.
Events: Networking Nights – Provides business-to-business networking opportunities that assist the members’ ability to expand their customer base. Each event provides the opportunity to experience many premier locations while making valuable business contacts, entertaining customers or rewarding employees.
Business Advocacy Committee
The (BAC) is established by the Board of Directors as the major component of a legislative and advocacy program.
The purpose of the BAC is to study, analyze, and formulate positions on legislative and regulatory issues of interest to Chamber members and the business community in general.
The Committee identifies and studies legislative and regulatory trends which may affect the business community in the future. They work with legislators and government entities to initiate policy and legislation which may benefit the Chamber membership.
The (BAC) is formed to facilitate timely decisions on critical issues and proactive advocacy on issues important to the Chamber.
Business Improvement Committee
The Business Improvement Committee works to promote commerce in Copiague. Areas of involvement include special events to attract business to Copiague, initiatives aimed to improve the appearance of areas of commerce in the city and programs designed to promote shopping, dining and lodging in Copiague.
The Chair works with the Town on Beautification projects and meets with the Downtown Copiague Vision Committee and reports back to the Board of Directors on upcoming improvements and or issues that arise regarding the Vision project.
Copiague Chamber of Commerce – Committee Handbook